Does your garage door work as it should? Do you hear weird noises coming from the hinges or the tracks of your rolling doors? Maybe the automatic opener isn’t opening and closing as it used to? You need a professional to take a look, whether that would be for a simple tune-up or a more complicated problem.
At Elite Garage Door Repair, we are proud to be the premier garage door repair and service company. Our Wabsite is packed with advice, including how to get the best garage door service and repairs and signs that you might need garage door repair.
Here are some tips from Garage Door Repair Irving, TX on what you can do to fix your garage door on your own. While some problems may require taking apart part of the system, others can be solved by simply lubricating moving parts. The following list goes over ten common causes for malfunctioning home overhead doors and instructions on how to solve them:
1) The first thing you want to try is to simply open and close your garage door by hand. This way you can detect whether there’s a problem with the automatic opener, the motion sensor, or both. If everything works well when you’re doing it manually, then probably there’s something wrong with the wiring that causes the doors to stop moving in a certain position.
2) Another thing that could be wrong with your system is a broken spring. In this case, you’ll have to replace it because it will be dangerous for you and your family if you were to use the garage at all until fixed. While some springs are easy to change yourself, others need special tools which only trained professionals should handle.
3) Lubricating the tracks can also fix the problem of squeaking, which can be heard when you open or close your garage door. You should only use lubricants that are specially formulated for this purpose and approved by the manufacturer.
4) If you find out that there’s no detectable problem with the opener itself, it may be caused by one of its sensors being dirty. These are easy to clean using a cloth with slightly soapy water on it. Just make sure not to wet anything but the sensors themselves because you could damage other parts of your system if you do.
5) Sometimes dirt or debris can get into certain parts of your system and interfere with its proper function. Check for loose screws, molding pieces, rust around metal tracks, etc. These parts need to be removed and/or cleaned with a soft brush or cloth.
6) If you have a wooden door, check for warping in the middle area where the hinges are located. This can prevent your garage from opening and closing properly. It’s best that you call a professional to solve this problem because it requires taking apart certain parts of your system which could otherwise damage it if handled by an inexperienced person.
7) If none of these strategies works, then maybe there’s just something wrong with the automatic opener itself? In this case, bring it to the attention of Swift Garage Door Repair LLC professionals who will be able to diagnose what exactly needs replacement or fixing so that your doors open and shut again in no time.
Swift Garage Door Repair LLC offers the best garage and gate repair services in Irvine, Texas. We have been servicing garage doors & gates for years and have earned a reputation of being the best. We have earned this reputation by providing fast, reliable but affordable service for our customers.
If you’re looking for a garage or gate company in the Irvine, Texas area – it’s time you gave us a call. We are always available to help out with any type of garage door opener issue. After all, we have been in the garage door business for decades and know our stuff very well.
Local Garage Door Services Inc has seen almost every possible garage door problem and we know the best ways to resolve your problem. Follow us to get more in our informative blog section about the garage doors, garage door repair, tips and tricks for maintaining garage doors in your home.
Swift Garage Door Repair LLC offers their services to all residents in the area, so there’s no need for panic when something goes wrong with your system. You just have to take care of things one step at a time according to the above list made by professionals who know the ins and outs of overhead door operations!
Swift Garage Door Repair LLC
613 N O’Connor St Suite# 21B
Irving, TX 75061